As a cloud architect, I bring these same design principles I use in building complex, global, cloud systems to the development of these wee plugins: simplicity, ease of use and delivery of business value
Architecting for AWS cloud involves consideration of the five pillars shown below.
However these principles can be applied successfully to building any software solution:
- Operational Excellence - ensure the plugins add business values and are easy to operate
- Security - first priority is secure code and privacy of data
- Reliability - thorough testing to ensure accuracy and reliability and ease of recovery after failure
- Performance Efficiency - concise fast code that only loads and runs when it needs too
- Cost Optimization - Make efficient use of resources to minimize costs